You probably don’t give much thought to the components of a refrigerator unless it breaks down, or before it is time to buy a new one. In order to get the most from this kitchen appliance it can be good to know how a refrigerator keeps food and drinks cool—and Chico Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Continue reading to find out what you will want to understand concerning how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and if it’s the time to hire refrigerator repair Chico.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find too many homes that do not have a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a must-own appliance for a lot of years now. A refrigerator will store food at the right temperature, in order to reduce rotting and limit bacteria. The process of refrigeration works by moving the warmth from inside of the refrigerator to the exterior, using principles of evaporation and condensation.
The main parts of your refrigerator are. For questions or service call Chico Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is both a motor and a pump, and it is necessary for the circulation of refrigerant dispensed in the cooling system.
A compressor is an important piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call a professional company if the compressor stops working.
A refrigerator condenser is attached on the rear exterior wall of the refrigerator and is there to release the warmth built-up within the refrigerator then out into the air.
The evaporator is attached on the inside of the refrigerator where absorbs heat contained within it, thereby lowering the interior temperature.
Right when the evaporator is not working, it is time to call a professional. You should not wait too long.
Liquified coolant is directed through a capillary tube that acts as an expansion tool to cool the gas inside, turning the gas into liquid.
The thermostat helps regulate the current temperature inside a refrigerator, starting the cooling cycle as it is necessary.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is often prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and call a contractor in Chico for repair right after a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature in the interior of a refrigerator rises above the set point sensors signal the refrigerator compressor to start, and the cool down begins. The unit draws in the cool liquified refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes the refrigerant, and raises the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor pushes the hot gas in the direction of the condenser coils on the rear of the refrigerator, at which point it comes into contact with the lower air temperature in the room and transforms back to a liquified state.
3. The cooled refrigerant then continues on its trip towards the evaporator component, traveling through the many coils in the interior of the appliance and top freezer compartment.
4. The coolant absorbs the warm air from the interior of the refrigerator, thereby lowering the temperature down to the optimal final point.
5. The liquid evaporates, and turns back to a gas, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor unit in order to continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is used in many applications and household appliances, this includes heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By removing heat from one location and then moving it to a different one the continuous cycle of refrigeration will help cooling your house, provides a optimal space for food that is perishable, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of a number of different common products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need professional attention? You can schedule service with Chico Appliance Repair.
Chico Appliance Repair can repair all major brands of refrigerators – includes commercial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our experienced technicians in Chico undergo training to repair problems with cooling, ice makers, condensation, puddles and leaks, bulbs, digital panels, smart technology and countless other malfunctions. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair! We really do!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working